1. “He said, Governor, I’m going to make North Carolina the epicenter of the transgender bathroom movement in the United States of America. And once I finish with North Carolina, I’m going to move to all the states of the United States.” North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory and HRC President Chad Griffin are not going antiquing together anytime soon.
2. “I had a couple guys come up to me during training camp and say, ‘This is a family sport. This is all about family. It doesn’t matter who you are, you’re part of the family if you’re playing for this team.’ ” Don’t miss the Washington Post’s story on trans teen Kenny Cooley, who played in his first varsity football game last week.
3. Harper’s Bazaar India will have two trans models in a 9-cover series that includes Tyra Banks.
4. Notable comic book publishers are collaborating on a 144-page anthology called “Love Is Love,” with proceeds going toward Equality Florida’s efforts to aid the Pulse shooting victims and families. The comic will sell for $9.99 and is made up of more than 100 stories.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: “Do you think I am equal to you?” Lesbian Australian actress Magda Szubanski to government minister Fiona Nash in a debate on marriage equality. It comes at about the 3:25 mark.
— ABC Q&A (@QandA) September 19, 2016