1. LGBTs and allies, among other celebrities, react to the death of Joan Rivers.
2. “Groundbreaking leaders often don’t come up with the innovative idea so much as recognize when the time is right and demonstrate the wisdom, skill and charisma necessary to make that idea a reality.” Gay Oscar-winning screenwriter Dustin Lance Black profiles Human Rights Campaign president Chad Griffin and attorney Roberta Kaplan for their places in “The POLITICO 50.”
3. “There is no reason at this point for the justices to prolong the harm to same-sex couples and their families by waiting for all the remaining state battles to play out.” The New York Times editorial board implores the U.S. Supreme Court to take on a marriage equality case.
4. “In light of recent security allegations surrounding a user’s specific location, Grindr has made modifications to no longer show distance information for users. Grindr will continue to make ongoing changes to keep all users secure, as necessary.” Grindr drops the ability to see how far away other users are.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: CVS releases an ad including a gay couple.