1. “Lots of homosexuals don’t want to get married, Dolce and Gabbana never got married.” That's what an Australian senator reportedly said in his argument against marriage equality during a closed door meeting of lawmakers. For real.
2. “In short, Washington DC isn’t going to solve this problem. Progress has to come from elsewhere: the states and from the people. Here’s where replicating the success of marriage equality and weed legalization initiatives comes in.” Quartz on how environmentalists tackling climate change should use the same-sex marriage movement's playbook.
3. “Someone who himself struggled as a young Christian man with same-sex attraction and sex addiction before experiencing healing, Johnston emphasized that 'television shows, books, and movies with sexually-confusing messages …introduce children to falsehoods and immorality, and they create confusion and insecurity. Children are not equipped to handle these adult themes.'” Evangelical Christian website LifeSiteNews with the not-at-all-ominous headling “Warning to parents: pro-gay cartoons are on the rise.” BUT WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN?!?!
4. A gay rapper named Milan Christopher has joined Omarion, Ray J and Soulja Boy in the cast of the reality series “Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood,” but he says the other rappers aren't talking to him because they're homophobic.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: In the latest edition of the PBS Digital Studios “First Person,” they profile a writer who identifies as grey ace (asexual) and genderqueer.