1. “Thank you for making me realize that I'm not alone. Your video touched my heart and the day I got that video was the best day of my life. Your video and all of the other ones boosted my confidence to where I felt like I was unstoppable. … So I wanted to thank you for not only being my role model but for being my friend." ESPN has a heartwarming story about a gay 32-year-old former Dartmouth lacrosse player who is mentoring a gay 12-year-old lacrosse player who had contemplated suicide.
2. The New York Daily News on Arianna Evans, the transgender woman who was one of the faces of Hurricane Katrina 10 years ago.
3. The Washington Post on the passing of openly gay neurologist Oliver Sacks on Sunday, and the “tragic story” of his celibacy.
4. TV Guide has 25 great LGBT characters in pop culture right now.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: A profile on Rob Yaeger, a male sex worker who used Rentboy.com to find clients, which helps him be the primary caregiver for his disabled partner of 16 years. The offices of Rentboy were recently raided by the Department of Homeland Security who claim Rentboy is an “international criminal organization,” leading to the arrest of the CEO and several employees.