1. The New York Times reports on how the gay leather scene has seen a shift from lifestyle to sexy dress-up, with younger and younger men taking part.
2. “Some gay people I spoke to were content with the word evolving, while there were straight people who were outraged. Younger people, whom we might have expected to have more awareness of what it means to identify as gay because of media coverage, were often the demographic defending the negative use of this word.” The Guardian looks at what different groups think of using the word “gay” in a negative way.
3. Check out this short film on homeless lesbian youth.
4. Which “Transparent” character are you?
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Out country singer Steve Grand gets in the holiday spirit.