1. A Houston man convicted in a high profile murder of a gay man in 1991 has been released from prison. Find out why a gay rights advocate was one of the first people to hug him after he walked out.
2. Here’s what the New York Times advice columnist told this woman who thinks her sister’s boyfriend is gay.
3. “Nice try, but we’ve rumbled you. You are a flag. You only exist in flag form.” Find out how Google portrays LGBT people in image searches.
4. “When the word finally came down, I cried with happiness. I married my partner (of 35 years) the month immediately afterwards.” LGBT seniors reflect on 2015’s milestones.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: As we close out the year, a look back at John Oliver’s segment on LGBT discrimination and our next battles. Happy New Year!