1. A new poll from Public Policy Polling shows a third of Donald Trump supporters want to ban gay people from entering the U.S.
2. “We find Manny Pacquiao’s comments abhorrent. Nike strongly opposes discrimination of any kind and has a long history of supporting and standing up for the rights of the LGBT community. We no longer have a relationship with Manny Pacquiao.” Following up on yesterday’s 5 Things, Nike has indeed decided to drop boxer Manny Pacquiao after his comments comparing gay people to animals.
3. Colombia’s national police chief has resigned over his alleged involved in a gay prostitution ring, which reportedly involves other police officers, senior officials and members of Congress. Young male police cadets were allegedly forced and threatened into having sex with higher ranking officers.
4. A federal judge in Texas sentenced two men each to 15 years in prison Wednesday for a brutal 2012 attack on a gay black man. According to court documents, the two men invited the victim into an apartment then tortured him for the next three hours.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: “IDENTITY” is a short film series that challenges gender binaries. Take a look.