1. Kim Davis will attend President Obama’s State of the Union address tonight as a guest of the Family Research Council, while Jim Obergefell, the named plaintiff in last summer’s U.S. Supreme Court case overturning same-sex marriage bans nationwide, will be there as a guest of the president.
2. A Chinese gaming billionaire has acquired gay dating/hookup app Grindr.
3. Buzzfeed has eight trans tropes that need to be retired in 2016.
4. “As a young boy, I knew I wanted to be an actor. It was around that age that I also knew, however abstractly, that I was different from some of the other boys in my grade. Over time, this abstract ’knowing’ grew and articulated itself through a painful gestation marked by feelings of despair and alienation, ending in a climax of saying three words out loud: ’I am gay.’” Charlie Carver, star of MTV’s “Teen Wolf,” came out to his nearly 700,000 Instagram followers on Monday.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Four members of SAGE (Services and Advocacy for GLBT Elders) are featured in this New York Times video compilation on the secret to a long life.