1. Aditi Hardikar, President Obama’s LGBT liaison, is stepping down to join Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign.
2. Lesbian activist and author Jeanne Cordova has died at 67.
3. This gay man thinks his late father was gay also, and the New York Times’ Ethicist columnist tells him whether or not he should tell his mother about it.
4. “Dear @GOP: The reason people liked my snap was because it defied regressive, homophobic, scary-ass losers like you.” House Republicans promoted their coverage of the State of the Union by using a gif of Jeopardy contestant Louis Virtel’s epic snap after he nailed a Daily Double, and Virtel is not happy about it.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Los Angeles-based comedian Nik Dodani talks about what it’s like to be gay and Indian in the United States.