1. The 2015 Emmy nominations have been announced, with plenty of LGBT characters and actors in the running.
2. “I don’t agree with everything [because of what the Bible says about homosexuality], but people have a civil right,” Shipman said. “There should be equality for all.” International Business Times on how the NAACP is grappling with LGBT rights issues.
3. An Australian study says that gay people are less healthy, happy and content than straight people.
4. “If we redefine marriage, the homosexual political movement will force churches, schools, families, businesses and individuals to accept, to affirm, and even to celebrate those who participate in anal sex, or anal sodomy. It will be mandated to be taught to the children in the schools, at an early age, starting in kindergarten. They will be encouraged by their teachers to participate in anal sex.” Where was this when I was a kid?! A coalition of jackasses has formed in Texas to fight marriage equality.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Here’s Caitlyn Jenner’s speech in full from Wednesday night’s ESPYs.