1. “Daniels said Jordan followed the men outside objecting to their language, and he and another customer walked outside to protect Jordan. 'The guy lunged at Leslie to hit him,' Daniels said of one of the men. 'Then Leslie threw his drink at the guy. Then (another) guy threw his drink to hit me.'” Leslie Jordan (“Will & Grace,” “Sordid Lives”) reportedly threw a drink at three men who were yelling anti-gay slurs inside the West Hollywood Starbucks.
2. “If I'm lucky, I can have a five-minute conversation about my sexuality with a friend, cold and uninspired. 'Yeah,' one of them might say, 'my aunt is lesbian, but we don't really talk to her much.' They'll avoid it like a cliff without a guardrail, punctuate sentences with sighs; 'gay marriage is legalized now,' they may say with a straight face. Even modest, passing comments about a cute boy in English class are met as if I'm coming out all over again, as if they're just remembering: Oh right. You're still gay.” Vox has an essay by teenager on what it's like being a gay youth in Utah.
3. Head for the hills! Russia is coming after LGBT emojis!
4. One of the shops in Disneyland has a gender non-conforming mannequin on display in the storefront windown. The boy mannequin is wearing blue jeans with a Minnie Mouse hat, t-shirt and purse.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Right Said Fred, half of whom are gay, are not too sexy to get tested for hepatitis C in this charity video. They also talk about steroids, sex parties and drug paraphernalia.