1. The Pentagon is adding non-discrimination protections for lesbian, gay and bisexual troops. Transgender people are prohibited from serving openly in the military but officials say they continue to look into the issue.
2. The Ireland Effect continues. Australia’s political opposition proposed a law Monday that would overturn the country’s same-sex marriage ban.
3. “Empire” co-creator and executive producer Lee Daniels revealed Sunday that he and the show’s star Jussie Smollett have received death threats over the drama’s gay storyline.
4. Remember Benjy the gay bull? He’s the one who made headlines last year in Ireland for almost being sent to the slaughterhouse because he wasn’t a suitable breeder, but was saved by the late “Simpsons” co-creator Sam Simon and sent to an animal sanctuary in England. Well, it appears Benjy is at least bi-curious. You do you, Benjy. You do you.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: “Let’s also not forget I’m being declared a genius on a network that airs ‘Duck Dynasty,’ a show whose cast members believe hurricanes are caused by gay marriage.” “Family Guy” creator Seth MacFarlane accepting the Louis XIII Genius Award at Sunday night’s Critics’ Choice TV Awards.