1. A Jewish group has dumped Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee after his recent transphobic comments about wishing he would have pretended to be trans in high school so he could shower with girls.
2. “Unless there is a clear risk of danger to the public, preventing the demonstration is not allowed and should be the absolute last resort.” A South Korean court ruled that police cannot ban Pride.
3. “On the civil service exam there is no box you can check for being ‘gay,’ but the truth is we are a minority. We are a minority in the country as well as the department. But when you talk about community policing, I think it really provides us with a deeper empathy. We understand what it is like to exist in the shadows.” The Boston Herald’s Peter Gelzinis with an interesting story on gay Boston Police Academy cadets.
4. Some queer women are not happy about comments from straight women that they’d “go gay” for Ruby Rose, the gender fluid actress who is burning up the screen in the new season of “Orange is the New Black.”
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Buzzfeed takes on the topic Jerry Seinfeld wisely never tackled: “What’s the deal with queer women and softball?”