1. Want to know what kind of campaign Sen. Ted Cruz is going to run? Check the location of his first speech following his late Sunday night tweet announcing his candidacy for U.S. president—the anti-LGBT, evangelical Christian college Liberty University, founded by Jerry Falwell in 1971.
2. A gay man was brutally beaten in a Walmart parking lot in Mississippi in what may be an anti-gay hate crime.
3. Outsports on Michael Sam’s appearance at the NFL’s first ever Veteran Combine.
4. The New Yorker on “’Looking,’ Marriage and the New Gay Sadness.”
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: “We have been pitted against each other and made to feel like there are limited seats at the table for those of us who fall into the category of other. As others, we are taught that to be successful, we must reject those other others, or we will never belong.” Kerry Washington accepting the Vanguard Award at the GLAAD Awards on Saturday night.