1. Gay-themed traffic lights showing same-sex couples have been introduced in Vienna to get people in the mood for the Eurovision Song Contest. The campaign is intended to present Vienna as an open-minded city and also to improve traffic safety since the lights will attract the attention of drivers and pedestrians.
2. Newsweek with a story on the struggle with homophobic violence behind Brazil’s gay pride parades.
3. “We are now walking targets. Our lives are at risk.” A Kenyan newspaper has printed a list of the country’s “top homos.”
4. HuffPo has a story on how Canada got its first Catholic elementary school gay-straight alliance.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Check out the Kickstarter pitch for “Q,” which developer Eric Cervini promises will be the first social network for people who explicitly identify as queer.