1. The anti-LGBT bill in Texas that would have allowed state officials to refuse to give marriage licenses to same-sex couples died in the legislature. Don’t Mess With Same-Sexes.
2. “You have to realize that somebody who is an entertainer, or even like with Bruce Jenner—a person like that can have a sex change and be just as accepted as an entertainer or a TV star or something like that afterwards. But if you’re talking about someone who’s a surgeon or a physician of any kind and bringing your child to see that person, it’s a whole different matter.” GQ interviews trans icon Renee Richards.
3. That “Bachelorette” promo you may have seen implying two of the male contestants are gay? Yeah, just a promotional ploy says TMZ.
4. “Alas, the sheer awesomeness of such a union in such a place would blow your tiny bigoted minds out of your thick sloping skulls.” J.K. Rowling takes the Westboro Baptist Church to the woodshed.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: BBC Three with things not to say to a trans person.