1. You might have heard reports that Amazon has made their toy department gender neutral, but that’s not entirely true. Yes, it appears they removed “boy” and “girl” as options in the search filter, but there are still dedicated boys and girls sections in the toy department. Multiple media outlets have reached out to Amazon for comment but so far they have remained mum.
2. A bill banning “ex-gay” conversion therapy for minors is poised to pass in Oregon. It passed in the State Senate on Thursday and is headed to the desk of Gov. Kate Brown, who is bisexual.
3. Judges will review 3,000 arrests connected to 14 San Francisco police officers who are under investigation for allegedly sending racist and anti-LGBT text messages.
4. “This family believes that everyone has a right to marry the person they love regardless of their gender. This family believes that every family matters. And this family would vote Yes.” Oops. The family used in an anti-same-sex marriage poster in Ireland has come out saying they did not know their picture would be used in the campaign and that they wholeheartedly support marriage equality.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Netflix has released the trailer for the new original sci-fi series Sense8, created by the Wachowskis. The show will explore issues of gender and sexuality.