1. Over the weekend, 21-year-old Zella Ziona of Maryland became the 21st transgender woman murdered this year. All but two of the victims have been women of color. The suspect in custody reportedly gunned down Ziona because he felt “embarrassed” after she approached him in a shopping mall in front of his friends.
2. Presidential candidate Bernie Sanders gave a $2,700 campaign donation from Martin Shkreli to an HIV clinic. Shkreli, you’ll recall, is the CEO of a pharmaceutical company who gained the title of Most Hated Person on the Internet recently after hiking the price of an HIV/AIDS drug by more than 5,000 percent, from $13.50 to $750 per pill.
3. An alleged serial killer in London is accused of drugging and murdering four young men he met on gay websites, and dumping their bodies in and around a churchyard in east London.
4. “You can be one or the other. You can be black or you can be gay. You can’t be both.” The L.A. Times looks at “niche casting and Hollywood’s lingering reluctance to feature gay black actors.”
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: “We’re like the Eeyores of sexuality.” Gay men ask lesbian women questions we all (or maybe just these guys) want to know.