1. “Despite what some commentators said after the Supreme Court’s decision in June in Obergefell v. Hobbs regarding same-sex marriage, the sky was not falling. The ruling may, in fact, make things better, not only for LGBT couples, but also for our society.” A Catholic priest writes an editorial in the National Catholic Reporter on marriage equality, and cites the documentary “Bridegroom” as a “mind changer.”
2. Yahoo gives an in-depth look at gay “conversion therapy.”
3. “It wasn’t a coincidence that I led the league in walks the next few years, was it?” Today in scumbaggery, former MLB all-star Lenny Dykstra says he paid private investigators to spy on gay umpires to blackmail them in order to get better calls at the plate.
4. AfterEllen has 10 killer Halloween tunes for queer grrrls.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Out actor and writer Dudley Beene channels Shelley Duvall for this parody ad for Shining surface cleaner. (h/t Queerty)