1. “I want the Church and my community to know who I am: a gay priest who is happy, and proud of his identity. I’m prepared to pay the consequences, but it’s time the Church opened its eyes, and realized that offering gay believers total abstinence from a life of love is inhuman.” Meet the Vatican official who was fired after this interview was published on Saturday.
2. “Growing up, I was taught that you distinguish yourself in life by what you do, not by what you say or by how loudly you say it. But sometimes you just have to be loud. People need to hear that being gay is not a limitation. People need to hear that being gay doesn’t restrict your options in life. People need to hear that you can be gay or transgender and be whatever else you want to in life.” Out Apple CEO Tim Cook in his speech accepting the Human Rights Campaign’s Visibility Award on Saturday night.
3. Trans issues might have recently hit the mainstream but an analysis released by the United States Census Bureau shows that since 1936, more than 135,000 Americans have transitioned genders and registered a new name with the Social Security Administration as part of their transition. Take a look, there’s plenty of interesting finds in the report.
4. Check out Buzzfeed’s “My IUD and me: A lesbian love story.”
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Hillary Clinton played a bartender in this new SNL skit, with lesbian castmember Kate McKinnon as Hillary noting the candidate’s timing in embracing same-sex marriage.