1. In a new poll, anti-LGBT presidential candidate Ben Carson has pulled even with Donald Trump in the Republican presidential primary, soaring from six percent in a previous poll to 26 percent in this latest one. Carson has compared being gay to bestiality and pedophilia and earlier this year memorably said that prison turns people gay. This guy's the best.
2. Elton John posted on his Instagram account Monday that Russian President Vladimir Putin called him after John's comments over the weekend that he wants a sit-down with the leader over the country's anti-LGBT laws.
3. “Like many people, there was a time when I didn’t realize how important it is for gay couples to have the right to get married. But after hearing from my gay friends and learning more about the hardships they faced because of discrimination, it became clear to me that everyone should be able to marry the person they love.” Caitlin Jenner came out in support of marriage equality in a Monday blog post following an awkward interview with Ellen Degeneres a couple weeks ago on the topic.
4. This trans teen was voted homecoming queen at her Missouri high school over the weekend.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Cue the foaming at the mouth from anti-LGBT evangelicals. This new Tide ad appears to mock Kentucky court clerk Kim Davis. I'm curious to see a boycott attempt of Procter & Gamble considering they make about half of the things people use on a daily basis.