1. New U.S. Census Bureau data shows that over 250,000 same-sex couples across the country have married in the 10 years since Massachusetts became the first state to legalize it.
2. “Merely calling these religious conservatives “bigots” seems to me not to be very loving, because it fails to acknowledge and honor the beliefs these people hold dear. And the serious work of meeting these conservative evangelicals on their own terms, with the accompanying difficult task of explaining those offending passages of scripture, has not been done. Until now.” Retired gay Bishop Gene Robinson on the young, evangelical, pro-gay movement.
3. Del Shores has announced that his next film project will be “A Very Sordid Wedding,” the sequel to the 2001 cult classic “Sordid Lives,” and actors from the original film will come back to reprise their roles. Shores’ production company has launched an Indiegogo campaign to secure financing and they plan on a 2015 release.
4. Grindr responds to reports that Egyptian police are using the app to arrest gay men.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Macklemore and Ed Sheeran performed an acoustic version of “Same Love” Saturday night at the iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas.