1. “I said, ‘You’re wanting people to understand and accept you – this is like, really confusing to people. And you still have a judgement about gay people and marriage.' She goes, ‘Well if the word marriage is that important.’ It is. That’s the word. We want the same thing.” Ellen Degeneres to Howard Stern on Tuesday regarding Caitlyn Jenner's comments about marriage equality on Ellen's show.
2. An Oregon judge who refused to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples is facing multiple complaints in a state ethics investigation, including that he put up a picture of Adolf Hitler in the Salem courthouse. Cue the picture of Kim Davis shrugging with the caption “With friends like these…”
3. The East Tennessee store owner with a “no gays allowed” policy claims he has sold out of “Choose God or Gays” hats and bumper stickers.
4. "If you’re upset because I put gay characters and a gay protagonist in the book, I got nothing for you. Sorry, you squawking saurian — meteor’s coming. And it’s a fabulously gay Nyan Cat meteor with a rainbow trailing behind it and your mode of thought will be extinct. You’re not the Rebel Alliance. You’re not the good guys. You’re the fucking Empire, man. You’re the shitty, oppressive, totalitarian Empire." The author of a new “Star Wars” novel isn't holding back against people who have criticized him for introducing a gay character into the mythology.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Check out this flashback from 1995 where Sen. Bernie Sanders confronts a colleague on the Senate floor who used the term “homos in the military." (h/t Queerty)