1. Former VP Joe Biden has endorsed transwoman Danica Roem in her run for the Virginia House of Delegates against Bob Marshall, the self-described “chief homophobe” of the Virginia state Legislature. If Roem wins the Nov. 7 race, she will be the first openly transgender legislator to serve in the nation.
2. Some prominent queer Republicans are finally admitting that their vote for Donald Trump was a mistake. Trump got 15% of the LGBT vote in November, but now many of those supporters are expressing regret. “I never thought that Donald Trump was an anti-gay homophobe. I certainly didn’t think that when I met him back in 2011,” gay co-founder of the defunct conservative LGBT group GOProud Jimmy LaSalvia told The Daily Beast. “But we’ve all learned a lot about who he really is since then… this administration will go down as the most anti-LGBT in history.”
3. A New York Times piece delves into the “Gay Architects of Classic Rock” as three new books highlight the achievements of Beatles manager Brian Epstein, Rolling Stone Magazine founder Jann Wenner and The Who’s co-manager Kit Lambert.
4. Oscar winner Nicole Kidman, currently in metro Atlanta filming “Boy Erased,” was spotted wearing a purple GLAAD “Spirit Day” T-shirt on set to show her support for LGBT youth in the fight against bullying. In the upcoming film, Kidman stars as the wife of a Baptist preacher husband and mom of a gay teen son.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Enjoy this clip from “Wonderstruck” from gay director Todd Haynes, out this Friday, Oct. 20.