Congregation Bet Haverim
www.congregationbethaverim.org

Pet Blessing
June 23, 11-1 p.m.
Mason Mill Park

Pride Seder
June 28, 7 p.m.
Central Congregational Church

“People can bring their goats, their ferrets, whatever as long as they’re appropriately leashed or in their appropriate containers. If you wanted to bring a snake, then bring your snake!”

The pet blessing was inspired by a similar event Lesser attended several years ago while on sabbatical in Hawaii.

“They showed me what to do,” Lesser said. “They asked me to come up to with an impromptu blessing after speaking to the owners. For me, it was really powerful. More than one of the people were ill or frail. One women in a wheelchair could barely walk and she cared more for the wellbeing of her dog than her own health.”

Congregation Bet Haverim and the Atlanta Pride Committee will also host the now-annual Pride Seder on June 28 at Central Congregational Church in Decatur.

The theme of this year’s Seder is “Are We There Yet?” and will look at the current state of the LGBT civil rights movement.

“By the time we get to the Seder, we’ll definitively have the [U.S.] Supreme Court decision,” Lesser noted.