Community

Winter is Coming

When I first officially met Ethan, I was interviewing him for one of my first journalism classes at Georgia Southern University. He posted on Facebook that he was doing his first keynote speech at the Unitarian...

A Trans and Gender Non-Binary Guide to Pride

Do you identify as transgender or gender non-binary/genderqueer/gender non-conforming and wondering what’s out there especially for you on Atlanta Pride Weekend? For starters, check out Sugar Shack: A Queer ...

Little Pride with Big Hearts

The 49th annual Atlanta Pride festival will offer something for everyone – and that includes children and teens. Besides an array of colorful tents, umbrellas and chairs adorning the Piedmont Park field and ...

PRIDE Etiquette 101: A Letter About Consent

Learn before you act! That’s how I’ve always responded to straight folks or any other person who’s traveling to a pride festival for the first time. Look, I know it can be overwhelming when half-naked men and w...

Ask the Doc: “PrEP”-ing for Pride

As hundreds of thousands ascend on Atlanta for Pride 2019, those planning in being sexually active should prepare and plan accordingly. We caught up with Absolute Care’s Terry Hackworth on how visitors and loca...

CHRIS 180 Expands to Help LGBTQ Homeless Youth

In a community where suicide rates are on the rise, LGBTQ homeless youth are reaching out for help now more than ever. In Atlanta, there’s a non-profit working to get kids off the streets and on a pathway to li...

The Phillip Rush Center Continues Growth

Phillip Rush, the namesake of The Phillip Rush Center (The Rush Center) we know today on Dekalb Avenue near the Candler Park MARTA station, was a gay man active in the LGBTQ community who was instrumental in es...

Once Upon a Time in Mecca

Here’s a “Greatest Hits” of our Georgia LGBTQ long march to freedom. Feeling like one of the survivors of a slasher flick (sorry, folks), nevertheless, I’m eager to spill the stories that give our community the...

Party at The Hideaway This Pride Weekend!

Celebrate Pride this weekend with three great parties at your local neighborhood gay bar, The Hideaway! On Friday night starting at 9pm, The Hideaway will have a DJ spinning Pride Classics, an outdoor festiv...