Community

Mask On, Mask Off

Move over, fanny packs—face masks are the must-have new accessory for 2020. Emphasis on the “must-have” part. With COVID-19 continuing to spread, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recently...

Urban Body Fitness Hopes to Re-open After Pandemic

I am the owner of Urban Body Fitness (UBF) in Midtown. I would love to give you an update on UBF, but first let me tell you that everyone at UBF is concerned about those impacted by this pandemic—from both a he...

Eat, Drink, Wash Your Hands

This past week, I was sitting in the restaurant my wife and I own, Twisted Soul Cookhouse and Pours. Just like every other locally owned restaurant, we are in a daze. Some moments we seem to think we may have t...

Coronavirus Hits College Campuses

Everyone’s life has been touched by the coronavirus pandemic, including college students. One by one, colleges and universities in Atlanta and across the state have closed to protect students from the virus. Cl...

Woof! Your Pets and COVID-19

Hello there! I hope everyone is holding up well during these unprecedented times of the COVID-19 pandemic. Some of us are still processing that what we are going through is a reality and not a scary movie. Par...

Coping with Social Isolation During Outbreak

A coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak has changed the way people live and socialize. About three weeks ago, life as everyone knew it changed unexpectedly. The respiratory virus that primarily spreads by contact ...

Small Business Short-Term Strategies

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy”  – Martin Luther King, Jr.   From the words ...