The loved one turned out to be her 18-year-old son, who claimed Spacey bought him eight to ten drinks at a bar in Nantucket and groped his genitals under the table. Spacey was charged in 2018 with one count of indecent assault and battery.
However, the charge was dropped on Tuesday (June 16) by Cape and Islands District Attorney Michael O’Keefe because of “the unavailability of the complaining witness.”
Spacey’s accuser appeared in court last week and was questioned about text messages sent in 2016. The accuser contended that he had lost the phone and didn’t delete or alter any messages.
“I did not delete any information,” he said. “I have tried to go back and find the conversations, and for a variety of circumstances they were not there.”
The alleged victim later invoked his Fifth Amendment right to remain silence and not incriminate himself of evidence tampering.
“The complaining witness was informed that if he chose to continue to invoke his Fifth Amendment right, the case would not be able to go forward,” O’Keefe said. “After a further period of reflection privately with his lawyer, the complaining witness elected not to waive his right under the Fifth Amendment.”