Out on Film’s annual LGBT film festival has more special guests lined up this year, thanks in part to a timely grant.
The 2014 lineup includes:
- Director Patrik-Ian Polk (“Noah’s Arc,” “The Skinny”) and actors Julian Walker, Torrey Laamar and Nikki Jane from opening night film “Blackbird”
- David Au, director of the closing night film “Eat With Me”
- J. C. Calciano (“ECupid” and “Is It Just Me?”) and Jack Turner, director and star of the romantic comedy “The Ten Year Plan”
- Sheila Caravan, the director of the documentary “Compared to What: The Improbable Journey of Barney Frank”
- Comic Alec Mapa and director Andrea James of “Alec Mapa: Baby Daddy”
- Wade Gasque, Mark Strano and Frankie Valenti, aka Johnny Hazzard, the director and two leads of “Tiger Orange”
- Christopher Hines from “Bad Ass Gays”
- Del Shores from “Naked.Sordid.Reality.”
- Atlantan Jared Allman, star of “More Scenes from a Gay Marriage”
The packed guest line-up was aided by a grant from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences.
“We are very grateful to the Academy for their support of what we do and for allowing us to have more guests as part of our festival,” said Jim Farmer, festival director of Out On Film, in a press release.
Out On Film will take place October 2 – 9 at the Landmark Midtown Art Cinema. More guests will be announced as the event approaches. Go to www.outonfilm.org for tickets and schedule info.