1. “Moreover, the defiant act of flying of the gay rainbow flag, especially in the wake of the Supreme Court’s ruling that legalized same sex marriage in all 50 states, is undoubtedly offensive to devout Muslims, and therefore provocative. It is time to shame and marginalize the gay rainbow flag — this offensive, provocative symbol of hate and oppression must be tossed on the ash bin of history. Before it kills again.” Radical right wing news and opinion site Breitbart blames the rainbow flag for the killing of four Marines and a sailor in Chattanooga. Oooookay.
2. “I can think of no better advert against the closet than David Geithner, and where his search for a suck and fuck led him. And it is infuriating that this has happened to him—and to those he loves, for they are victims of the closet too—in 2015, in this supposed age of equality.” The Daily Beast’s Tim Teeman with an essay on the Gawker outing controversy and the nature of being in the closet in 2015.
3. “On those occasions when government leaders make decisions that are contrary to God’s Word and expect us to do things contrary to God’s will, we must obey and honor God instead as Peter and the apostles did in Acts 5:29.” Mississippi’s third largest newspaper has banned same-sex wedding announcements and instructed their employees not to voice their opinions on the issue on social media.
4. MSNBC’s Thomas Roberts filled in for Lester Holt on Saturday’s “NBC Nightly News,” making him the first openly gay anchor of an evening newscast on any of the major TV networks.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Check out this beautiful music video from electro-pop group Priory, featuring people of various sexualities and gender identities in states of undress. [NSFW]