1. Jason Collins, the first active openly gay NBA player, has been appointed by President Obama to the President’s Council on Fitness, Sports and Nutrition.
2. A veterans cemetery in Idaho has denied the request by a 74-year-old Navy veteran to be laid to rest in a shared plot with her wife, due to a 2006 voter-approved gay marriage ban.
3. A California man planted a rainbow flag at the top of Margherita Peak, Uganda’s highest mountain, in protest of the country’s anti-gay laws.
4. “Suddenly, if I want to mail something, I have to lick this guy’s backside?” Stephen Colbert on the introduction of an official U.S. stamp honoring LGBT icon Harvey Milk.
5. That ex-Klansman who shot and killed three people at a Jewish community center earlier this month? Yeah, he was caught having sex with a black male hooker in the late ’80s.