1. “Trash, unethical and dangerous.” The Daily Beast is under fire for an article one of their (straight) reporters wrote about finding dates on Grindr in the Olympic Village in Rio. While he didn’t name names, he included physical descriptions and mentioned how one came from a “notoriously homophobic country.”
2. “I found the numbers heartbreaking.” The CDC released findings from the first nationwide study to ask high school students about their sexuality, and it showed that LGB teens are at far greater risk for depression, bullying and violence than their straight peers.
3. Another transgender woman was murdered, this time in El Paso, Texas. Erykah Tijerina was 36 years old.
4. Grindr has launched a new clothing line with proceeds going to LGBT athlete organization Athlete Ally.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Check out the trailer for the highly-anticipated indie drama “Moonlight,” about a young black gay man coming to terms with his sexuality in 1980s America.