1. “This policy sends the message that the problem is inherently with being gay, rather than engaging risky sex practices. This is prejudice shining through.” People are not happy with the FDA’s announcement Tuesday changing the lifetime ban of gay men donating blood to a one year deferral.
2. “In planning all of these changes we were shocked when we surveyed a sample of our members about their lack of understanding of either of these options. In fact, nearly all guys told us they had to search online to find out what these meant before they could answer our questions. Having done so, a clear majority felt these new options were important and should be added to the app.” Popular gay hookup app Hornet is now giving users additional options under their HIV status, including if they are negative and taking PrEP or if they are positive and have an undetectable viral load.
3. Peter Cahall, the D.C.-area high school principal who made headlines last spring when he came out at the school’s annual Pride Day, has resigned from the school effective immediately. Apparently the school district had notified him that his contract would not be renewed after this school year due to low test scores.
4. Madonna has a Christmas wreath hanging on the door of her NYC residence that reads “DAT ASS.” Because Madonna.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: A little holiday cheer for you courtesy of Tracy Chapman. We’ll be back with the next 5 LGBT Things on Monday. Be safe and to all those who celebrate it, Merry Christmas.