1. “Jesus teaches us that the masterpiece of society is the family: the man and the woman who love each other.” Pope Francis reaffirmed his opposition to same-sex marriage.
2. “You look at what’s going on in Baltimore today, you know, you see issues that are raised there. And healthy marriages are the ones between a man and a woman because they can have a healthy family and they can raise children in the way that’s best for their future, not only socially but psychologically, economically, from a health perspective.” A Republican legislator in Texas links the crisis in Baltimore to same-sex marriage.
3. A Russian politician has denounced Apple’s U2 album gift as “gay propaganda.”
4. This sweet Wells Fargo ad features a lesbian couple learning sign language in advance of adopting a daughter who is deaf.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: “The institution of marriage has almost never not been changing. Before the last century, marriage wasn’t one man and one woman, it was one man and his new piece of vagina property. Change can be good.” Jon Stewart on the Supreme Court addressing the marriage equality issue.