1. “There’s a whole lot of groups now, that are on the religious right, rethinking their Christian witness about what it means to be good to our gay neighbors. Jesus, or whoever your faith figure is, would not be standing up for the idea that a person should never have a place to live, or not have a job, or a livelihood, or a way to support their families.” The Atlantic explores whether states can protect LGBT rights without compromising religious freedom.
2. “I wanted to make it personal by putting a face to the issue.” Here’s an interview with the woman who confronted Ben Carson on Monday about whether she chose to be gay then told him he was full of shit.
3. “We refuse to comply with the misogyny endemic to the transgender agenda. We recognize the ontological and biological dignity of the female. We believe in science and we believe in facts and there is little more empirically obvious than one’s sex. Being a female is an objective reality and we refuse to insult women by ignoring such self-evident truth.” Oklahoma Wesleyan University president Everett Piper on how he’s “proud” the college requested a Title IX exemption to discriminate against LGBT students on religious grounds.
4. Diver Tom Daley and Oscar-winning screenwrite Dustin Lance Black cover OUT’s Love issue and talk about how they fell got engaged.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Meet the 6 Pack Band, India’s first transgender band. This is their first song.