1. Gay fave Joan Rivers is being taken out of a medically induced coma, but a source tells the NY Daily News that there is concern about possible brain damage, “leaving her as either a vegetable or in a wheelchair.” Rivers went into cardiac arrest last Thursday after she stopped breathing during vocal cord surgery.
2. “The legal issues have been amply developed and debated. It’s now time for the nation’s highest court to rule unambiguously that gay couples are equal under the law.” The L.A. Times calls on the Supreme Court to uphold marriage equality.
3. “Today’s reckless trashing of morality has been damaging on many fronts. For one, there has been a significant increase in sexually transmitted diseases over the past few decades, with the gay plague of AIDS being a classic example.” A homophobic Virginia attorney learns about the dangers of hitting “reply all” as he mistakenly emails an anti-gay rant to his entire law firm. The firm announced that the attorney will receive “strict and severe” punishment for the incident.
4. A young, gay Christian discusses the conclusions he’s reached after being out of the closet for five years.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Trailer for the documentary “My Life is Poetry” about a poetry workshop held in L.A. that featured LGBT seniors telling their stories.