1. In the wake of Hurricane Harvey, here’s how the Montrose Center is helping to ensure no LGBT residents slip through the cracks.
2. The Washington Post profiles a transgender Chechen woman who escaped persecution and found asylum in the US.
3. This week, West Point made a huge progressive step by affirming its first transgender graduate’s gender identity on her alumni records.
4. In honor of Labor Day, Mary Beth Maxwell of the Human Rights Campaign writes for The Advocate about the roles the LGBT community plays in the workforce.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: “Grave Mysteries,” a new series on Investigation Discovery, will feature the murder of Ty Underwood, a transgender woman of color, in its Sept. 12 episode. The episode will air at 10 p.m. EST, and follows the story of Underwood’s move to Tyler, Texas, to live as her true self, working at a retirement community and pursuing a degree in nursing. Here’s actual news coverage of the vigil following Underwood’s death in 2015, before the identity of her killer was known: