1. For the first time ever, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services found that gender affirmation surgery must be provided to a transgender woman under Medicare.
2. Speaking of, Slate has a look at how Planned Parenthood is helping trans patients get hormone therapy.
3. The Democratic National Committee has announced the co-chairs for the newly formed LGBT Advisory Board.
4. A new hashtag called #tweetlikeagay is aimed at drawing attention to racism in the gay community.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Lesbian drama “Freeheld,” starring Julianne Moore and Ellen Page, is out on Blu ray and DVD today.