1. Today is National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day. Terri L. Smith, the director of HIV prevention services for ALPA Health in Los Angeles, writes about how taking care of oneself could be seen as a political act, and other ways to thrive as a person of color living with AIDS — and living under a Trump administration.
2. A new report from Gallup shows that Vermont is the state, and the Pacific the region, with the highest percentages of adults that identify as LGBT.
3. Out surfer Nick Vallejo shares how his sport helped him come to terms with himself, his sexuality and his faith.
4. Georgia’s own Brandon Stanton (the face behind Humans of New York) is in Argentina this week, telling the stories of people he meets on the streets. One of the stories he shared from this trip is that of a transwoman in Buenos Aires.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Hallmark continues to diversify its holiday ads. This year, its Valentine’s Day commercial features couples of all different abilities, ages and sexualities, including a gay couple. Take a look.