1. Meet the only two full-time staff members at Human Rights Campaign focused on HIV/AIDS advocacy, treatment and prevention.
2. Happy Pride Month from Spotify! The music app launched its Pride Hub, a series that highlights LGBT individuals. Spotify subscribers can listen to playlists created by LGBT musicians and activists, or enjoy Pride-themed playlists with gay anthems and empowering music.
3. A Madison, Wisconsin, choral group will premiere “Heartlands” this month, an original work by out composer Arthur Durkee that showcases the experience of gay men in the Midwest. Durkee and his ensemble hope the piece will foster understanding of the LGBT community in smaller cities.
4. YES! Magazine explores the incredible stories of resilience from undocumented transgender immigrants who come to the United States seeking asylum. Some are held in detention centers for years, facing physical and verbal abuse, before they are welcomed into America.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Lennie and Pearl have been together now for more than 50 years — their love story is re-shared with us today by Human Rights Campaign. The two have been instrumental in helping spread messages of inclusivity through various HRC advertisements in the past year.