1. “By letting the tabloids make up their own story and sensationalize the transgender experience, Jenner has allowed it to become a cartoon. Now, she’s finally speaking up – just in time for May sweeps TV ratings season.” In this WaPo op-ed, trans reporter Zoey Tur says Bruce Jenner is the worst possible choice for a trans icon.
2. Age discrimination charges are being leveled at an LGBT organization in South Florida after the group allowed those under 40 to get in free to a pool party they hosted, while charging those 40 and over a cover of $50.
3. “Bingham’s key move was to craft a new provision that promised ‘equal protection of the laws’ for all persons, not just African Americans.” Slate has an interesting story on how one of the most important edits in U.S. history paved the way for marriage equality.
4. “He’s my best friend, and a real man given the fact he has the guts to fulfill my gay student council dream of always helping out planning dances, and never getting asked. I couldn’t ask for a better person in my life.” Check out this sweet “promposal” from a straight guy to his gay best friend.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Actors, athletes, other celebrities and more speak out in this new Americans for Marriage Equality video.