1. “When you have an environment like this, it empowers people to make positive and healthy decisions down the road and that saves lives.” The New York Times with a report on Major League Baseball teams putting on LGBT themed events.
2. “Just because somebody listens to Mariah [Carey] doesn’t mean that they’re not going to kick your ass on the field.” NPR on the different shades of gay masculinity.
3. My Little Ponies get turned into fierce gay icons.
4. “The acceptance of gays has changed the whole world. It’s taken away the need to sneak into back-alley places.” Newsday on the uncertain future of gay bathhouses.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Neil Patrick Harris does the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge with help from his husband and their two kids.