1. A lot of LGBT love at last night’s Emmys. “Modern Family,” featuring Eric Stonestreet and out actor Jesse Tyler Ferguson as a married gay couple, won for Best Comedy Series for the fifth straight time. Out actor Jim Parsons won his fourth Emmy for Best Actor in a Comedy Series for playing Sheldon in “The Big Bang Theory.” And HBO’s AIDS drama “The Normal Heart” won for Best Made-For-Television Movie. Here’s a full list of the winners.
2. The Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals will hear challenges to both Indiana and Wisconsin’s bans on marriage equality today.
3. “From a military officer perspective, we consider honor and integrity to be just essential values. But how can we say that when we’re asking these men and women to lie about who they are?” A new study finds that dropping the military’s ban on transgender troops would be relatively easy.
4. “They are telling it not as they see it but as they want it to be. They want your existence to be about them. You exist for them. Your beauty is for their consumption, to appease their desire. You are fuckable to them. Congratulations.” This lesbian explains why catcalling sucks.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Watch Larry Kramer (with his ACT UP hat on) join Ryan Murphy and the cast of “The Normal Heart” as the film won at last night’s Emmys.