It’s June 28 — the day after two federally court-mandated investigations into the Atlanta Police raid of the Atlanta Eagle were due.

The city hired prestigious law firm Greenberg Traurig to conduct an independent investigation of the raid, headed up by Joe Whitley, a former U.S. Attorney.

Dan Grossman, lead attorney for the plaintiffs in the Eagle lawsuit against the city, said he has been in close contact with Whitley and believes the firm is in compliance.

Atlanta Eagle investigation reports still not completed?

“While I have not read the report, they have kept in close communication with me and at this point I am satisfied with their diligence and their approach to the investigation,” Grossman said.

He added he has not received any word from the APD’s Office of Professional Standards.

OPS began its investigation into the raid days after the Sept. 10, 2009, police raid at the gay bar located on Ponce de Leon Avenue.

Several bar patrons in the Eagle the night it was raided sued the city, alleging their constitutional rights were violated because they were illegally searched and detained by members of the now disbanded paramilitary Red Dog Unit.

Judge Timothy Batten agreed the police raid was unconstitutional and the city settled with the plaintiffs for $1.025 million in December. As part of the settlement, the judge ordered the city conduct a thorough investigation into the raid and gave the city six months to do so.

The judge then granted a three-week extension to the city for the investigations to be completed when it became apparent Greenberg Traurig would not have the report done by the first of June.

Calls and emails to Mayor Kasim Reed’s office seeking comment on the status of the investigations were not immediately returned today.

Yesterday, Sgt. Curtis Davenport, spokesperson for the APD, told the GA Voice the department was finishing the OPS report. Today, Carlos Campos, public affairs manager for the APD, said all communication regarding the reports needed to be handled through the mayor’s office.

Also yesterday, Reese McCranie, spokesperson for the mayor, said the office had not received a copy of the report from Greenberg Traurig.

Calls and emails to the mayor’s office today for comment were not immediately returned.